innovation and creativity are integral to
About Strategic Insights
We empower teams to learn and use new processes, skills and tools to create new mindsets that make innovation and change easier — ultimately becoming part of the organization’s culture. Our experiential approach and long-term programs help develop the skills required to thrive in a changing environment.
Strategic Insights’ unique approach is based on best practices learned from over 20 years of experience in the innovation field:
- We create experiential learning opportunities that are impactful and create learnings that stick
- We understand that team collaboration is key to success and our programs use the Foursight® Thinking Profile as a building block for successful collaboration
- We combine proven approaches such as design thinking and Foursight® to build successful learning experiences
- All our work is customized to best apply to your organization, embedding new skills into existing framework and learning through real challenges
- We believe in offering real solutions for real users: all our work is centered around the needs of the users, acknowledging that change and innovation only work if it is accepted by those who will be impacted
- We create long term programs: we know that one time training does not work so our program are long-term and integrate multiple component such training, coaching, facilitation and user testing
Meet The Founder
Helene Cahen is an experienced innovation consultant, facilitator, trainer, coach and speaker. She has a proven record of guiding her clients toward user-centered innovation, helping them to discover solutions that address their organizations’ evolving needs.
As an independent innovation consultant, Ms. Cahen receives accolades for her valuable assistance to Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and non-profits. She has also been a lecturer, coach and facilitator for the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business and the Haas Executive Program, teaching innovation principles to both students and executives.
Prior to founding her consulting firm, Ms. Cahen’s experience included large research budgets for The Clorox Company and directing agency advertising campaigns for packaged goods companies such as Unilever, Nestle and Kraft Foods internationally. She has held executive and management positions in advertising, marketing research, HR, finance, and sales as well as VP of Innovation for an online start up.
Trained in Creative Problem Solving and Design Thinking, Ms. Cahen received a Master’s of Sciences in Creativity and Change Leadership from the State University of New York. She has given presentations on Design Thinking at many conferences on the topic of creativity, innovation and design thinking. Ms. Cahen is also a trained Foursight® Facilitator and Administrator.
Born and raised in Paris, France she graduated with a business degree from elite Sciences-Po Paris. She actively gives back to the community both financially and through volunteering with non-profit organizations.
Published Paper and Articles
Puccio, G., Cabra, J., Fox. M., & Cahen, H. (2010). Creativity on demand: Historical approaches and future trends. Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing (2010), 24, 153‐159. Cambridge University Press.
Beckman, S.L., Kellogg, C. & Cahen, H. (2010). Teaching MBA students how to think like designers. Problem Finding. Problem Solving. Quarterly of the Industrial Designers Society of America, Winter 2010.